I'm linking up with Pam @ Everyday Snapshots in her Living Liturgy series. Today it is all about Christmas planning!
With an easier schedule during Christmas, I plan for us to focus on celebrating some feast days and keeping up with daily gospel readings and prayer.
Something new we are doing this year is a gift for the 12 days of Christmas. There is a book for each day (two for Christmas Day) and the boys will be sharing the book. Some books were intended for just one boy, but the budget wouldn't stretch for 24 books.
Our Christmas book basket will include some of the gifts above and these:
* Christmas in Noisy Village by Astrid Lindgren
* Gifts of the Heart by Patricia Polacco (from our local library)
* Finish up Letters from Father Christmas by J.R.R. Tolkien (new to us this year)
* Cranberry Christmas by Wende and Harry Devlin (new to us this year)
* Silent Night by Will Moses (new to us this year)
* The Christmas Bird by Sallie Ketcham (from our local library)
* The Twelve Days of Christmas by Jan Brett
* The Legend of Old Befana by Tomie De Paola
* The Story of the Three Wise Men by Tomie DePaola (from our local library)
I've decided to put off baking Christmas cookies until Christmas and I see us doing that the day after Christmas Day.