Friday, May 20, 2016
1) School is done! Now is the season that I will be working overtime to do the planning for next year. I hope my efforts will afford me a few weeks of nothing school related before starting back at the end of July. We shall see!
2) Blog business! I have many blog post ideas floating around in my head, but I just can't get them down on "paper". I'm hoping that I will be able to put this on the top of my list after this weekend. I had time this week, but my weekend projects were really taking up all my thinking space. ; )
3)I've been spending so much time online with "teacher training". There are so many wonderful things out there for the homeschooling mom and dad! Too many! All wonderful! Overwhelming, but did I mention wonderful? This is why I can't write! Too much brain energy on learning. I plan to watch Restful Teaching from Circe this weekend and can't wait! This one is not free, but it's only $10.
4) My calendar for the the rest of May and June has really exploded. I'm working really hard to keep it under control and to keep stress levels in check. As long as nothing unexpected comes up all will be well. LOL! I'm looking forward to a quick overnight trip with Scott and the boys, a homeschool conference in June, Tyler's 12th birthday, a scrapbooking day with family and friends, and a whole week with nothing on the calendar but school planning.
5) Nature study/hikes have been put on hold for the summer. Ticks are so thick this year! We tried to go out to our usual spot last Friday and gave up because all we did was pull of ticks.
6) I've been eating a gluten and dairy free diet since March. My stomach was always upset and I decided to do something about it. The good news is I feel so much better, I've lost a little weight, and my blood sugars have been much lower (type 1 diabetic). I'm still not sure *exactly* what was causing the stomach issues as I'm still experimenting and adding things in to see what happens and it's not always consistent. The good news is I can eat ice cream (I've only had just vanilla or chocolate with no added ingredients), but the bad news is butter is a big no-no. Cheese is still up in the air. I can handle a little bit of gluten, but more than a little (or with dairy) upsets my stomach. Staying away from over-processed packaged food seems to be a key point too. It's been a interesting experiment. It's been a strain on the budget and I'm still fine-tuning what and when I purchase to make it work in the budget. As long as I eat at home I don't have any problems eating gluten and dairy free.
7)Weekend plans: school clean up! I'll be rearranging all the books, bookshelves, and school items. Going through papers for the year and filing away is also on the list. I also plan to gather up books needed for the next school year and finalize the book list and see what else needs to be purchased. If time permits I will finalize all the high school records and maybe start that transcript . . . . . I will mostly likely put the transcript off another year. Ugh!
Thursday, May 19, 2016
I can see in my stats that people are visiting my blog, but I haven't been able to get post out. I have many ideas for post, but I can't get those down in writing. I'm hoping to work on this in the near future and have the blog busy again by the end of the month. I had hoped to be able to do regular schedule posts, but I just can't seem to keep up with a writing schedule. I'll be checking in soon. Contact me by email if you want to chat!
at 1:17 PM