Saturday, August 10, 2013

Daybook-Saturday Morning in August

Outside my window
Is that the sun I see? We may actually have more sun than clouds today which will be a first in a long time.
And a picture taken outside my living room window . . . .


I’m thankful for
sun, a quiet house, and no where I need to be today.

I’m thinking about
if I should dust the bookshelves in Tyler's room. That would be a big job, but it needs to be done and I have the time today. But, I would need to get the sweeper out and "sweep" the books because some of the tops were pretty dusty when I was gathering books for school. I need to talk myself into it and not out!  ; ) No deep thinking today!!

In the schoolroom
we finished up our third week of school for the new school year and it is going well. We are taking next week off to get together with friends before they start back to school. Also, we will run some extra errands and have some summer fun.

From the kitchen and garden
 In a book I'm reading it talks about how they eat in France and it just feels right. Yet, there is no way I could pull that off. I did go to a local organic farm and picked up some potatoes, cucumbers, and peppers and I'm looking forward to this fresh feast in the coming days. Our cucumber plants in the garden aren't producing much and neither are the peppers. There are lots of tomatoes though! Scott made salsa and we froze several bags of tomatoes for chili and soup this fall and winter.

I am creating
lesson plans for the next two weeks after our week off. I do need to finish this before dinner because I have books everywhere on the kitchen table. This doesn't take long, but I have a really hard time sitting still for too long.

I am reading
still a variety of books. Nothing is too interesting to talk about. I'm still loving Bringing Up Bebe.

I am hearing
the washing machine and dryer and nothing else!

Around the house
I can't tell you have much less stuff there is to do around the house when you are down two people! So much that it kind of takes away the missing pains.  ; )

A few plans for next week
is just some summer fun! I have some meetings with our local homeschool group. Including a conference that I'm really looking forward to attending!

Praying for
the health of friends and family and your intentions! Let me know if I can pray for you.
 
A picture
I didn't take any pictures this week, but here is one from our getaway last weekend.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...