This 7 Quick Takes Friday is titled "To-do list before school starts on the 15th".
|My flower garden weeding buddy!|
2) Set up a weather notebook (or science notebook). Tyler is studying weather this year which was inspired by Mater Amabilis Weather Lessons.
3) Deciding how to teach Shakespeare this year. Last year, Shakespeare went over well with the boys. I need to visit the library (see take #1) and I also plan to read a new book I received just today How To Teach Shakespeare by Ken Ludwig. Hoping to have a plan ready by the first day!
4) Put all the books away and everything in it's place. Right now the books are in bins (so I had them at hand for planning) and they need to find their homes. I also have a large stack of books that didn't make the cut. I'm a little worried about finding a place to put those away!!
|Books that didn't make this year's cut!|
|This year's books that need to be put away.|
5)Plan pictures taking for the first day of school and special treats. I thinking about taking our old student desk outside under a tree to take pictures. Last year I tried to put the boys against our concrete retaining wall and use some chalk to date it, but the chalk didn't show up very well. I'm thinking about how to fix that. I always like to put together special treat bags for the boys for the first day. I have one thing for Caleb and that is it. I will need to do a little shopping this week. Note to self: make sure the boys realize you expect them to wear something nice for the pictures!
6) Morning Basket plans still need some ironing out, finish those. I'll have a post of our plans before long!
7) Work on a blog post about our plans for the upcoming year. Also, be on the look out for other blogger's post about the same! I enjoying seeing how everyone else plans for their upcoming year and the books that made their cut.
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!