Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Tuesday Daybook {October 28, 2014}

Outside my window . . . .
it was a beautiful autumn day.  The past weekend was hot(the air condition had to be turned back on for a short time)! Cooler temperatures are wanted but it is a little of a shock today after such a hot weekend.

I’m thankful for . . . .
a busy late summer/early fall season being over. Now just back to normal busy. This week is ideal and we only have one activity planned in the evening. 
 
A two-night getaway with Scott last week at our favorite spot. We went to celebrate our 15th anniversary, which was in September, and Scott's 40th birthday which occurred while we were away. 

 
I’m thinking about . . . .
a shopping list. I need to go shopping and I'm struggling with that list.
 
Advent . . . is it too early? I would like to work on a book list and decide on what traditions we will do this year. I need a new wreath since I didn't like the new one we had last year. I would like to get those shopping list made too and get the shopping started and done before Thanksgiving.  

In the schoolroom . . .
We started term 2 this week and the first two days have gone well. I'll be posting our term 2 plans later this week along with Learning Notes sometime over the weekend.
 
From the kitchen . . . .
I planned beef stew, homemade pizza, and taco casserole this week. The rest is being filled in with some type of frozen meat and veggies or leftovers. I made the pizza tonight and didn't have any sauce . . . . there goes thinking the menu was organized this week.
 
I am working on . . . .
attitudes and habits. Not just the boy's but mine. New term with a new schedule and it's time rid the house of the complainers and talk-backers. I could use a mentor!
 
I am reading . . .
I finished A Mother's Rule of Life and I thought it was wonderful. I need to catch up on reading some of the boys books for school. I've been listening to Anne of Green Gables in the car with CDs that I got from the library. The reading is not the greatest, but I'm enjoying the story and I know this is the only way I will get to "read" it. Next in my pile to read is Holiness for Housewives.   
 
Around the house . . . .
do you hear crickets? My project from my last daybook are still not done. New windows and doors really should be on a priority! We are still dragging on feet on the painting.
A few plans for the week . . . .
School, catching up on some project put off for less busy times, hopefully enjoying some fall nature, youth deer season, and scrapbooking. I haven't made any plans for All Hallows' Eve or All Saints Day,yet. I would like to do something special on Friday since Saturday is booked.
 
Life with boys . . . .
Cross country season ended last Wednesday and the boys haven't ran since then. I think they decided to run once a week through fall and winter (if possible). I need to get this activity on their calendar.
 
The boys have been spending their free time building in the backyard. We have a pile of blocks (those used to make a retaining wall), some tin pieces, and a few odds and ends building supplies that they are using. I'm hoping animals don't decide to make it their winter home!
 
Pictures . . . .
A few from our trip.
 

View from our room!


Squirrels were enjoying fall at the lake too.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...