Friday, November 28, 2014

A Thanksgiving Week Daybook {2014}

Outside my window . . .
today was nice! Breezy but in the 50s.

I'm thankful for . . . 
a much need break, money to purchase Christmas gifts, visiting family, healthy boys, not having to cook for Thanksgiving, a sister-in-law who is willing to take (free) family pictures for us, new clothes, a full frig and freezer, a reasonable schedule, a hard working husband. Or the shorter version, I'm just thankful for all of God's everyday gifts.

I am pondering . . .
Advent plans! Christmas gifts! 

From the kitchen . . . 
lots of cookies in the  near future! I stocked up on all the ingredients for sugar cookies. We will make these for St. Nicholas Day, a cookie exchange, and sometime during Christmas we will use our Nativity cookie cutters set.

I am reading . . . 
Not much right now, but hoping to do more during Advent. I've slowly been reading Consider This

Clicking around . . . 
Since I've been pondering books and Advent, much of my clicking around involves that!
I've been enjoying all of Erin's book lists on Seven Little Australians & Counting.
Jennifer at Family in Feast and Feria has many links for Advent!


A peek at my week . . .
No school this week! Monday I did some deep-cleaning in the living room and lots of laundry. I'm now ready to decorate for Advent come this weekend. Tuesday we ran errands in town. Wednesday was laundry and planning the last two weeks of the school before Christmas break. Thursday we gathered with extended family for a Thanksgiving meal. Today we had breakfast at my parents. We then went to take family pictures. I did a quick clean of the house this afternoon. I've also done some online Christmas shopping.

A few plans . . .
Finalize Christmas shopping plans and get the shopping completed next week!! Top priority! Decorate for Advent on Saturday/Sunday. Which means I need to finalize all Advent plans.

Around the house . . .
I'm struggling with the fact that I didn't get the painting projects done that I wanted to this fall. My dining room walls are bare and I have plans in my head but can't move ahead until the painting is done. I think I'm dragging my feet on spending the money on this project and the fact that Scott doesn't like my paint choice. 

A picture . . . 
Tyler with his cousin on Thanksgiving Day.

 
 

2 comments:

  1. oo very difficult if you don't agree on paint colours. can you find a compromise?
    glad you've found my lists helpful, though looking again I can see I really need to type more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott is know rethinking my color choice. He wants white and my pick is a lot closer to white than what is currently on the wall. He may be convinced! I'm thinking about painting while on Christmas break. I'm trying to decide if I should get a sample first to put on the wall too make sure I like it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...