Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Review of Term 1 {2016-2017}

We are three weeks into term 2 making my term 1 review a little late. I was struggling to write a recap of our term because it's all been written before in the School Ramblings.

I updated our original book list to include the plans for the whole year. I originally just had term 1 plans and was going to do a post each term afterwards too. I decided to just do one post this year. You can find the update post for our book list for year 10 here and year 7 here .


 


Thinking back, Tyler said his favorite book was Call of the Wild with the reason, "It wasn't boring." Tyler's least favorite book was Everyday Weather. Tyler thought he didn't learn anything from this book, and the book wasn't good at teaching weather. I only read parts of that book and I wasn't too impressed either. Tyler gave mixed reviews of America Moves Forward. He thought it, "was a good book and kind of explained what's going on, but the chapters were too long." (I'm enjoying this book and don't think the chapters are too long.) Tyler's favorite Morning Basket book was Carry On, Mr. Bowditch. His least favorite MB book was our Shakespeare play Romeo and Juliet. Tyler's response was, "I don't like plays." 

Hmmmm . . . . . on to Caleb's thoughts of term 1.



Caleb enjoyed The Count of Monte Cristo because it was a "good book." He equally enjoyed History of the American People. Caleb is enjoying the American Revolution time period. Caleb's least favorite book was Brother Astronomer: Adventures of a Vatican Scientist. The science of this one is beyond his understanding at this point. I agreed with his review, but I'm enjoying Brother Guy's story and can leave behind all the science I don't understand. Caleb was not a fan of any of the Morning Basket selections this term.  : (

Lucy running laps around me while I read by the lake.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...