Friday, February 14, 2014

7 Quick Takes~February 14, 2014

1) Happy Valentine's Day! We celebrated with a party with our local Catholic homeschool group. Caleb thinks he's too old for that and spent the afternoon with Grandma instead. She took him errand running. ; )

2) We enjoyed reading Cranberry Valentine. I thought it was humorous! Caleb again said he was too old for those kinds of books. I told him you could never be too old for a wonderful picture books! He will be surprised next week when dialog from the book shows up in his copywork. ;)

3)I've been tired this week. I'm not sure if I'm fighting sickness or whatever else. The good news is I've been falling asleep very easily! We have been so blessed this winter and have stayed well so far. I've noticed allergies flaring up just slightly though lately. I'm not looking forward to spring because of allergies. I'm praying for a much better spring allergy season after being on allergy drops for over a year now. Last year was the worse spring allergy season ever for me.

4) I hate to admit that Tyler was totally spoiled today! It was just the two of us for most of the day and he talked me into too much. It started at McDonald's to try the new Chocolate Covered Strawberry Frappa and I said to pick something cheap to go with it and that turned out to be Chicken McNuggets. After dinner, he unfortunately had to accompany me to the mall as I was desperate for new jeans. Feeling guilty, I got him a pretzel and soda. He then requested to "look" at the Candy Shop . . . . well you know how that went. He's had way too much junk food today . . . . he did have a salad for dinner so maybe it all evens out in the end.

5) Surprisingly, the jean shopping went just fine. My jeans are old and falling apart.I've been putting this off for a long time because over two year ago (the last time I went shopping for jeans) the experience was horrifying. I couldn't find a style or size to fit me! This time I had no problems. I came home with two and my only problem was wondering if I should get the smaller size thinking they will stretch out and get too big. I will wear them around the house tomorrow to make sure the size is correct. Ok, I'm getting a little nervous now. Surely it's not that easy! (Now if I could just find some skirts that I like!)

6)I'm working on another post in what I guess will be my first series. The Homeschooling Path is currently the most read post. I really wrote it to start discussion, but that didn't really happen. I'm working on "planning eighth grade" for my next post in that series. I would love for those who have been there to share and those of us just getting started to discuss challenges and ideas. I will have it done as early as tomorrow or as late as next week. ; )

7) Plans for the weekend include getting programs done for our scout blue and gold banquet that is next week. I also have a stack of papers and projects sitting here that need to be completed. It's a wonderful weekend to get it done! A shopping list needs to be made to get supplies for that banquet. Pulling out all our "snow" books for some winter reading. The snow will be all gone by the time I get those books out though. What are your plans for the weekend?



For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...